Love epic games? then this is for you. For Honor is an action hack and slash video game in development by Ubisoft Montreal and set to be published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game features a hand-to-hand combat system, which the developers described as “The Art of Battle” and allows players to play the roles of historical soldiers such as medieval knights, samurai, and vikings, in a Medieval fantasy setting.
Enter the chaos of a raging war as a bold knight, brutal viking, or mysterious samurai, three of the greatest legendary warriors.
Gamers can play as characters from three different factions; The Legion, The Chosen, and The Warborn, these factions represents knight, samurai, and Vikings. Each faction has four classes namely; Vanguard, Assassins, Heavies and Hybrids. The Vanguard class are “well-balanced” with outstanding offense and defense. The Assassins class deal much less damage to enemies, but are fast and very efficient in dueling enemies. The Heavies have slow attacks, are more resistant to damages and suitable for holding capture points and the Hybrids, who are said to be a combination of the three types, and is capable of using uncommon skills. All heroes are unique in their own special way, and have their own weapons, skills, and fighting styles.
For Honor features an impressive multiplayer aspect also which allows players to customize their characters. The gender of the characters can be customized as well as the armor they wear. There are four multiplayer modes:
- Dominion: Dominion is a four-versus-four multiplayer mode in which players must capture and hold multiple zones in a battlefield. Points are earned through occupying combat zones. When one team earns enough points, they must eliminate the players from the other team and win the match.
- Brawl: In this two-versus-two multiplayer mode, a team must eliminate the entire opponent team completely in order to win.
- Duel: Duel is a one-versus-one multiplayer mode in which a player must successfully kill its opponent in order to win.
- Skirmish: Skirmish is a four-versus-four multiplayer mode in which players gain points while killing enemies. The team that scores the most within the time limit will win the match.
- Elimination: A team of players must eliminate the entire team of opponent players in this four-versus-four multiplayer mode. The team that still has remaining warriors will automatically win the match.
Players will also enjoy the game’s single player campaign, according to an interview with creative director Jason VandenBerghe, by GameSpot, the game’s single-player campaign will also be able to stand on its own as “full experience.”
“It’s a full story campaign, a cinematic adventure where you will play as the knights first as the Warden, then you play as the Raider, then you play as the Orochi… You’ll play all through three different regions; the knights’ homeland, the viking homeland, and the samurai homeland. You’ll go on this great adventure… We built the campaign so that if you bought the game just for that, that you would be satisfied even if you never went online and played multiplayer. It’s intended to be a full experience.”
For Honor was first announced at the 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo and is being developed by Ubisoft Montreal. Ubisoft Blue Byte developed the game’s PC version. The game will be the company’s first attempt at developing a hack and slash video game and is set to be released worldwide for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on February 14, 2017.
Ubisoft Montreal is a Canadian subsidiary of the French video game developer Ubisoft, located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was founded in 1997, initially developing low-profile projects, the studio is now one of the largest in the world, with over 2,700 employees. It is responsible for developing games such as the Prince of Persia, Far Cry and Assassin’s Creed series, as well as those in the Tom Clancy franchise and Watch Dogs.